Sunday, February 21, 2016

Week #28

Bula Everyone! Au sa bulabula tiko! I’m all goods! WOW this has been a crazy week hahaha! I almost didn't get to e-mail today but I found a small miracle called the mission office and they are letting me use a computer here so BULLLLAAA! I miss all you guys a lot. Man I have no clue where to even begin. I don't have a ton of time to email but I’m going to do my best! So about the CYCLONE! So Friday we took a 3 hour bus ride to Suva to arrive for the cultural celebration on Saturday! The AP's hooked me up because all the missionaries who gathered in Suva all went to different elder’s flats to stay. The AP's hooked me up to go stay with Elder Barnaby, my trainer! So Saturday morning we had a meet and greet with President Eyring and Elder Cook! WOw...It was the coolest experience. President Eyring and Elder Cook talked to the missionaries and after we had a lunch. I'll never forget how I felt to have an apostle of God look at me in my eyes and say EXACTLY what I needed to hear. He told me the holy ghost is my companion and that I should have more faith. He testified to all of us that the Savior is in our work and is involved more than we think He is....Elder Cook told us he knows Christ. He know's His face. He knows His voice. Both of their testimonies of the savior cannot be denied! They are truly apostles and prophets of the Lord. So.....after they shared their testimonies they warned us that there was going to be a class five cyclone...and that it was going to be the biggest Fiji has seen....President Eyring said..."This is going to be exciting hahaha!" He is so funny. So after their testimonies we all piled into buses to go to the stadium for the cultural celebration.  The cultural celebration was so awesome. Youth all over fIJI PERFORMING traditional meke's (tribal dance) for the apostles!!! Man it was so cool but then they ended it early because the Cyclone was getting way bad. I've never been really afraid of strong wind until now haha...We got off the bus and had to run to our flat as fast as our legs could take us. We were ordered to stay inside for 2 days! That night our power went out! Palm trees flew over our roof. We had only candle light until they all ran out! So to keep each other happy and satisfied we listened to church music! Btw mom I got my packages. Both the Valentine one and the Birthday one! I love them and they made my day! I also received a new name badge and I feel like a true missionary AGAIN BULLAA! Back to the storm! We sat there in our flat and the wind was so loud it was like a ripping sound! Pretty intense. Dad I wish you were there because it was pretty awesome! After the cyclone passed we went to the temple rededication which was amazing but the cyclone came back so we had to go back to our flat and stay there for the rest of the night! Water seeped in underneath the doors and the door was getting pushed hard by the wind! It was pretty crazy but none of us are hurt and we are all happy and safe! I am worried about the people of Taveuni though....Some of the members lost their houses and the majority of the cyclone hit Taveuni. I’m praying for them pretty hard right now... This week has been a rollercoaster! I wasn't going to get to email today and I was pretty bummed but then I found a way! We are still out of power and I won't be returning to Sigatoka right away.  I miss all of you and I love you all!

Love , Elder Jonati

Stuck in the flat

Running back to the flat in the cyclone
Tree and wind doh!

Sigatoka sunset

Recieved my goods!!
I tried this hat on and all the indian store workers came up to me and it was weird

Fiji Temple!!!!

Got a new name badge!

No comments:

Post a Comment