Monday, April 18, 2016

Week #36

Bula Matavuvale! I finally made it back to Levuka last Tuesday night after the longest boat ride in the history of the world! The AP's never came out because the boat never came.....I was pretty bummed but our District leader came out instead and it’s been a pretty exciting week full of a lot of hard work. Sakaraia, the first investigator I met here in Levuka is getting baptized next month. We had an awesome lesson with him Thursday night where he told us how when we first told him that this was the only true church on the earth he didn't believe us. He said he hadn't been reading the Book of Mormon but finally he did and now he knows for sure. Just testifies that the Book of Mormon has divine power. Sakaraia had his baptismal interview last Friday night and is scheduled to be baptized the first of next month. Our other investigator, Akuila, is finally getting married this week. His wife is a member and he's had all of the lessons and all he needs to do is be married this week and then he is ready to be baptized as well! I'm way excited for them. They have two way adorable kids and I know this choice they are making to be married will open them up to receiving more blessings from Heavenly Father. Our district leader was only supposed to come out for one night but the boat has been delayed the past 3 days due to stormy weather so they've been chilling here the past few days! It’s been fun but crazy! We moved into our new flat and lets just say it is WAY MORE SPACIOUS THAN THE LAST ONE! It's pretty old and I'm pretty sure it has bed bugs so that's gross but it’s a lot better than staying trapped in one small room of the chapel. So I am grateful! We finally have a fridge and microwave. We don't have to eat just tuna anymore we can ACTUALLY COOK STUFF!  I can't believe tomorrow is already transfers! You can bet your bottom dollar that I am for sure not going to be transferred this time! Knock on wood hahah! This week has been a week of ups and downs. Not everyday is a perfect day in fact 99.9% aren't. I've had to realize that as a missionary. There isn't anything more rewarding then being able to wear the saviors name on my chest and walk through rain and storms to serve people. Yesterday we went to Lovoni and I took my district Leaders companion on splitz with me there. When we arrived the person we had planned on seeing was sa yali tu. He was out of town. It was pouring rain and we went from house to house to try to find people who were interested. It was hard work but the whole time I just felt so lucky to be able to serve! On Wednesday we met this awesome guy named Manasa who wanted us to come over and share the lessons with him. The next day we showed up at his house and his little sister was outside and we asked if he was home and she said yes and that he was inside. Right after that his dad walks out, who we had never met yet, and is all, "Manasa isn't home! you guys can leave! He already has a church and we cant be a part of two churches!" I tried telling him all we wanted to do was share a message about Jesus Christ but he couldn't hear me because he was yelling pretty loud. It was pretty discouraging. It’s not that often that you see Fijians reject you like that. Because they are always so nice. I like to tell myself that he just wasn't a true Fijian hahaha! After that we went to go see Malcom. He's our investigator’s son who just turned 8 last Sunday and he is going to be baptized next Sunday. On Sunday they invited us to lunch with them after church for Malcom’s birthday. It was way fun! Our district leader and his companion were still here so they got some free cake as well haha. But to be honest....Fijian cake isn't as good as cakes in America hahaha! Malcom's dad Viliame is the man! He has been coming to church every Sunday so far and this week we sat down with him and he told us how much he loves the Book of Mormon. His wife is a member but has been less active for awhile. She tells us she comes home and sees her non-member husband reading the Book of Mormon and he always makes them say family prayers at night and he has been encouraging them to all read the book of Mormon as well. Even investigators can be the biggest examples. Viliame is awesome. He's waiting on his interview with our mission president. It’s really hard to watch him not be able to be baptized for awhile. His baptism has to be approved by the first presidency. He knows it’s going to be a long process but he also knows how true this church is. It just amazes me how much this gospel changes people. And I know it’s because it is so true. This week I have had a lot of personal reflection and things I've realized I need some more work on. As a missionary I experience tough things. But the knowledge that Heavenly Father is always with me and watching me is something that means so much to me. He has been leading Elder Bond and I every day to help grow this area and I know He is a part of this work. Because it is His work!  As always satan works on missionaries every single day. He knows my weaknesses but thanks to a Loving Father in Heaven I can make those weaknesses my strengths. I'm so happy to see some of our investigators making the steps to be baptized. I can literally feel how happy Heavenly Father is for them. I testify with my whole heart that this church is true. Sometimes it takes work to know if it is true. Sometimes we have to spend hours on our knees begging for help and answers but I testify He always answers us. He is ALWAYS WITH US.  He is our Father.  I can't imagine what it must be like to not have a knowledge that we have a Father in Heaven. I know that if we keep our covenants and make certain steps in this life we will receive the blessings of exaltation. This life can be blurry and hard but that's why we have the gospel of Jesus Christ. To help us return to our FATHER IN HEAVEN. Au lomani na kosipeli oqo kei lomaqu kece. Sa sivia na lotu ena vurvura oqo, ia na Lotu I jisu karisto ni yalododonu endaidai na lotu dina ga en a vuravura taucoko. AU VAKADINADINATAKA,na kosipeli rawa ni veisau noda bula kei vakararamataka keda. Kevaka keda surety o Jisu Karisto ena noda bula, o koya na vakasinaiti kei vakakaukauwataki keda. I miss you all so much but I’m trying my best out here and I love the Lord and His children. Talk to you all soon!



Love, Elder Jonati


Andrew is on Levuka island

No comments:

Post a Comment