Sunday, February 19, 2017

Week #80

Bula Vinaka everyone who is reading! I want all my family, friends and anyone else who is reading this to know that the Holy Ghost is real. This week I've learned the different ways it works. To keep the Holy Ghost with us we must respond to it's promptings! As a missionary in Fiji speaking the Fijian language it is impossible to touch the hearts of the people if the Holy Ghost is not guiding me in all I do. Earlier this week I realized a difficulty in recognizing His promptings. The work became a struggle and I had no idea what to do. I prayed and prayed and prayed but was still struggling. A lesson to be learned is in the Book of Mormon in the book of Jacob chapter 4 verse 7 it says, "Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by His grace, and His great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things." I just want to take this moment to testify that this scripture is absolutely true. It is only by God's will that we have the Holy Ghost to be with us. To members of this church we have been given the Gift of The Holy Ghost, this is true. But to keep this gift with us we have to recognize that it's only because He is allowing us to. I never want to jeopardize my companionship with the Holy Ghost. He guides me in all ways and comforts me in all trials! To those of you who maybe don't have this Gift yet...the way is simple. It starts with baptism. God wants us to have this gift. This life is hard enough without it. I just want to say how grateful I am to be able to be a missionary. I'm grateful for the things our heavenly father teaches us and the things he puts us through to grow. He knows ALL. This week Elder Willoughby and I had some cool experiences! Pushing forward through trials we invited others to be baptized. A family we've been working with for awhile finally made their first step to follow the Savior and be baptized. Sitting down in their home we read with them Mosiah 18:8-10. Immediately we felt prompted to invite them to be baptized and they said yes! Just yesterday they came to church despite the expensive travel fair. Petal, Maria,Va, and Fili are all working towards their baptism for March 25. I have faith this will happen. And I can't wait for them to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost! Missionary work is so rewarding! We have zone conference this Thursday and I'm looking forward to it! I love you guys! Ni sa moce!

Love, Elder Jonutz

Fiji Suva Temple!

No comments:

Post a Comment