Sunday, August 16, 2015

Elder Jonutz's first letter home!!! Week #1 Here we go!!!

BULAAAA Vinaka Mom and dad! These past few days have been C R A Z Y! Grandma and grandpa picked me up at the airport and took me to Mimi's. I wasn't very hungry in fact i was sick to my stomach. Wednesday morning I was so nervous. So on the plane I decided to read my Book of Mormon. As soon as I did I felt a calm peace come over me. I decided to have G AND G drop me off early because I was so anxious and crazy. When I showed up every elder said hello to me and took me took my bags and showed me where to go. I went to this building to get my name tag and there it was! Elder Jonutz  BULAAA hahaha. After that they took me to get my language study books. OH MAN! I have so many books I don't even Know where to start! After that I was directed to my room and then after that i was directed to my first language class! Keep in mind I literally had only been here for about 20 minutes and i was already sitting in my first language class! Fijian is such a cool language and very difficult! But I am praying for help and language trainer Sister forgot her name hahaha, said we will be practically fluent by the time we leave. I need to start having faith in that because right now it looks very unlikely. While I was in my language class my companion walked in. Although I didnt know he was my companion yet i literally just felt like he was. SOOOO WEIRD! His name is Elder Sieverts and he is from Bountiful Utah. He is the happiest guy I have ever met and seems just as pumped as me to be here. He will be my companion until I leave the MTC on Sept 21! The first day was huge and I dont know how to describe it all! After that we went to go meet our MTC presidents. Their names are President and Sister Burges. They are a really neat couple and I love them already. After this we went to dinner and I had some broccoli and it tasted like dead rotten fish. But i guess i have to get used to that:))  Soon after dinner we went straight back to studying the language! Its so much fun. My district is so cool. We are full of Tongans, Somoans, and fijians and when we sing hyms.....OH MAN it is so powwerful. I met my branch president, President Willes last night. He hugged all of us when we first walked into the room and it felt sooo good hahaha! I needed it man. He is super old but literally the coolest man i have ever met. He told each of us how much he loves each of us and how he looked at all of our pictures before we came and said he knows alot about each of us! A little creepy haha but sweet;) Sleeping that night was suprisingly easy! I think it was cause i was just so wiped out. I dont have much time but the spirit is so strong here and I"m loving it. I will end with my testimony that ive learned in fijian.

AU VIA WASEA NA NOQU IVAKADINADINA
AU KILA NI BULA NA KALOU KEI NI BULA NA JISU KARISTO
AU KILA NI DINA IVOLA I MOMANI
AU KILA NI SA NODRA IVAKABULA O JISU KARISTO
ENA YACA I A JISU KARISTO EMENI

 I miss you guys all so much. Btw my p day here at the MTC is friday from now on! I was also made senior companion over Elder Sieverts. Cant wait to serve him. I love my heavenly father and I can feel his comfort and support through all of this. 

 Much Love,Elder Jonutz


First Day in MTC
Fijian Book of Mormon


No comments:

Post a Comment