Friday, August 21, 2015

Week #2

BULLAAA again family. You better start embracing Bullaaas cuz you're going to be hearing alot of them from now on. Sorry for all my typos its so crazy to write for olnly an hour. I HAVE SO MUCH TO WRITE ABOUUUT! This week has been the craziest week of my life!!! Saturday after the p-day I emailed you all I studied Fijian for 11 straight hours! It was so crazy and tiring but incredible at the same time hahaha! Ive never been more tired in my entire life! Fisrt off Id like to thank you for all the packages. They are awesome. I loved all the sweets and my blankey:) so soft mmm hahaha okat seriously though I love all the packages. I have finally memorized and understand how to say my prayers in fijian and my testinomny in fijian now. The gospel is way true because i shoould not be learning the language as fast as i have been. Honestly. I know more fijian and have learned more fijian this past week then i know spanish after taking it for 3 years....:0 I get about 3 hours of personal study everyday and the spirit is so strooong!!! Its so calm and relaxing. Id never thought id say that i love just chilling and reading my scriptures for 3 hours a day! I woke up sunday with the nastiest cold ever. I was like bummmmerrr. I thing it was Elder YOung who got me sick because he was sick before he came and i always give him head butts. wow that sounded weird. Elder young is the district president of the other fijian district just so you know. At first i was really bummed out ABOUT HAVing a cold but after sacrament meeting i was like woa. The spirit was so strong. I started to forget about being sick and just had this crazy desire to become as close to my savior as i possibly could this week. I love my savior just so much and i want everone i come across to feel his love for them! btw mom i loved that quote you sent me about him being my Jesus. When i opened my email up today and saw that i was like woa....coincident..? I THINK NOT!!! On sunday night we have movie nights. The movies are just mtc talks by general authorities and the video i watched i think pretty much changed my whole aspect on my mission! IT WAS INSAZNE! The holy ghost testified to me that i need to stop caring about what i want, try to forget about myself, and turn outwards to serve others and God continually! By caring only about the people I love and those around me ill forget myself and come closer to christ and its all worth it because he gave his life up for me and everysingle person who ever has lived or lives. 

My head has been going crazy! So many fijian words running through my head its almost hard to even write this hahaha. I miss you all so much but the brotherhood between the elders here is so strong. Elder Sieverts and I decided to start getting up at 6:00 and working out. WEll....i work out but he just reads his scriptures because he has back issues and his dog attacked his thumb before he came here so he has to wait a week before he can do anything hahaha. We've been teaching this fijian investigator who just so happens to also be our language teacher. Its so cool to be able to almost carry on a conversation with someone in fijian. We comitted him to baptism. His name was Juita. But after he committed to be baptized he got hit by a car and died. Thats what our teacher said happened. The MTC is a funny place.  It's crazy to think i only have a month left exactly from today until i get to fiji. I want you to know this week has been a very humbling experience from me. We had a talk given to us by a general authority name Elder Echohawk and it was so AMAZING. He talked about the importance for why missionaries should be exactly obedient. Because whe n we are exactly and strictly obedient we are worthy of the spirit. I just sat there and listened and got so pupmed to start trying my best to be the best missionary i can be and be so obediebt to all the petty missio0nary rules that seem small at times. But they are such a big deal! Like i punched this huge elder in our district to be funny and it wasnt even hard but then i remembered we arent supposed to punch and i felt so bad. Its so funny like little things like that are such a big deal to me now hahahahaha. Elder sieverts is awesome he like polishes my shoes hahaha. He's like an organized freak and the most social guy ever. I guess that why he's my companion cuz i need to work on that! Bu seriously one night we were getting ready for bed and he leans over and hands me a tissue and hes like. ELder jonutz, This is for you if you need it tonight and was like hahah ahhh  hes so nice. Okay a story: we were getting ready for bed and it was my turn to say the prayer in fijian and we STAND IN A CIRCLE AS A DISTRICT AND SO WE ALL CAME TOGETHER AND ONE OF THE ELDERS WAS JUST WEARING HIS GARMENTS SO I SAID, eLDER MILLER.....? iD FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE IF YOU PUT ON YOUR CLOTHES AND THEN I STARTED MY PRAYER AND ALL THE ELDERS STARTED BURSTING OUT LAUGHING AND WE COULDNT EVEN FINISH THE PRAYER IN FIJIAN IT WAS SO BAD WE WERE ALL SO ASHAMED OF OURSELVES. anYways i love you all. Sorry this letter is all over the place. Au lomani IKo (I LOVE YOU) Oh and mom id love it if you could send my face meds. The face wash isnt doing squat.  LOve ya;)




No comments:

Post a Comment