Sunday, July 10, 2016

Week #48

Bula Vinaka Fam! LEVUKA IS ON FIRE!....I don't feel like I deserve any of the miracles that occurred this past week but that's because it's not about me it's about Heavenly Father's children. I don't even know where to begin! The miracles just keep coming. Obviously this week wasn't perfect because that's impossible but the good really does outweigh the bad. Our flat has been robbed twice in the past 2 weeks and I've had 2 people come up to me this week and tell me I don't believe in Jesus Christ or that I shouldn't. But I don't even care! I feel just so full of love and gratefulness that none of that even matters.  On Tuesday night we returned back from Nausori after having an awesome ZTM.  Wednesday we went to go see one of our investigators, Joe.  He's planning on being baptized on the 24th of this month and he is so close. Like many of us, the word of wisdom is just a struggle for him, but on Wednesday we had an awesome lesson with him about the atonement and how because Jesus Christ did what He did for us, we never have to do anything alone. He will always be there with us. We're praying for him to have the strength to stay strong! Later that day we went to go share a lesson with Samisone and his family. As we walked up to his house Elder Bond and I could here him teaching his family.  As we walked up closer we saw him holding up the Book of Mormon and all of their kids and grand kids were holding a Book of Mormon as well. He was saying, "Look at Nephi! He was obedient to his parents! You all need to be like Nephi!" When he saw us at his door he was like, "Oh hey eldas! Just let me finish up this lesson from the Book of Mormon."  I love this guy so much hahaha!  We shared a lesson about the gift of the Holy Ghost and it was really powerful. Samisone has this small shop at their home where they sell Top Ramen and cocoa. He said, “did you see the sign on the shop door?” We said no and after we left his house it was clearly written...."Closed on Sundays". HAHAHA I wish every family was like this FAMILY! Also, another one of Samisone's granddaughter's,Theresa, decided she wanted to take lessons and so we've been visiting her a lot this week. A few days ago we taught her about the Restoration and about Joseph Smith and we invited her to pray. On Friday we followed up with how her prayer went and she said she got a really good feeling and knew it was true and then fell asleep right away and she committed to baptism and is preparing to be baptized July 24th!  After her we saw Sakaraia's wife, Sister Ana, and her nephew's Isireli and Timoci and they told us they all know the church is true and are planning to be baptized on July 24th as well! Sakaraia was interviewed at church this last Sunday for the Aronic priesthood and he will be receiving it next Sunday so the following Sunday he can baptize his wife and his two nephews. We are way excited for them! In that lesson Sakaraia told us that his parents and another one of his niece's wants to start taking lessons too......literally this is all Heavenly Father's doing..... All these people who are ready to be baptized and have been baptized are all from the same village. Baba Koro. Slowly but surely the Lord is changing Baba and others are following and it is a miracle.  After seeing Ana and her family we went to go see Mary and Arthur (these two kids who are brother and sister 11 and 8 years old) and that was a pretty powerful experience..... Like Teresa we had committed Mary and Arthur to pray together to know if Joseph Smith was a true Prophet. We asked them how it went and 8 year old Arthur said, "I prayed and this huge feeling hit me and my heart was beating so fast and it was soo weird and I just knew it was true!”  I was really touched and Elder Bond and I felt the spirit very strongly. I'll never forget it.  As we were walking back to the flat from their house this guy in town called out, "ELDAS!" So we walked up to him and he took off his hat and asked, "Do you know me?" we had never seen him before so we said no. He said "my name is Josaia and I live in Baba. I want to hear the gospel from you guys....I'm interested!"  We were like, okay...YES! We ended up visiting him the next day and it was really good. We are going to go do service for him and his wife this Thursday! I can't stress it enough that this is the work of the Lord! He's leading us in every way. People literally come up to us and ask us for the gospel....Baba is a changing village and the Lord has a plan for all the people who dwell there! I know it! I don't want to leave Levuka because so much is happening here. I love the people here. Tomorrow is transfer calls and I'm praying I can be here longer. I love you all and want you to know your prayers are working miracles on the small island of Ovalau! Until next week!



Much Love, Elder Jonati

No comments:

Post a Comment