Sunday, July 17, 2016

Week #49

Bula Vinaka Everyone! I'm guessing you’re all curious about transfers.....I think it's hilarious that you guessed I was transferred because you saw I pulled out some money in Nausouri.....I have good news! My prayers were answered and I'm still living out on the good ol' island of Ovalau! Elder Bond was transferred to Rabi and it was sad to say goodbye to him. We got to be really good friends! But he is going to do awesome out on Rabi and I get to stay here and witness more miracles with my Maori companion from Sydney, Australia, Elder Ruihwu (pronounced Roof-you). I had to go to Nausouri on Thursday to pick him up and drop off Elder Bond. It was a long 2 whole days stuck in the Zone Leader’s flat and a lot of just sitting and waiting. I got cabin fever but Elder Ruihwu finally showed up Friday afternoon and we had to stay another night in Nausori because we missed the bus and we finally made it back Saturday night. I don't really know where to begin. Before Elder Bond left we went and said goodbye to everyone and we went to our investigator's house... Adi and kenchi. We've been teaching them for awhile and it's been a slow process but they committed to be baptized on the seventh of August and I'm happy I get to be here for it. When our mission president called us to tell us about transfers he had the best news ever. VILIAME! He finally went to Suva and was interviewed by our mission president concerning his desire to be baptized. I saw Viliame my first day in Levuka and we've been trying for ever to get him to interview with president. President Layton said that he came to his office and Viliame was waiting there to meet with him. He said Viliame has promised to come to church every Sunday. It may be 3-6 months until he can be baptized but he's determined to do what he has to do because he knows it is true! To me that was like the best news ever! On Sunday I had the opportunity to give Sereima Teci Vugakoto the gift of the Holy Ghost. Samisone was supposed to receive it as well but he got sick and had to stay home and will be receiving it next Sunday! It was one of the coolest experiences ever.  Sereima stood up after the blessing and you could just see how happy she was. The whole chapel was filled with the spirit and tears were flowing.  I'll never forget it! I'm way excited to work with my new companion Elder Ruihwu! He's a way cool guy and we both have the desire to work hard and I'm praying that we'll be able to do what the Lord needs us to do these next 6 weeks! I apologize if this email is a little shorter! We haven't been in our area for 3 days this past week so I don't have as much to report. Our district leader is going to come out on Friday and do our baptismal interviews and we are preparing Ana, Timoci, Isireli, Thresa, Joe and Sister Nanise to be baptized this upcoming Sunday.  I'm praying that they will be strengthened against Satan as they get closer to this Sunday. It has been interesting to see as a missionary how evil Satan is especially when our investigators get closer to the gospel. Our job as missionaries is to visit our investigators as much as we can and share with them words of strength that will protect them and help them stand strong against temptations. This week is going to be super busy and I appreciate all of your prayers.  I'm going to have lots to tell you all next week. I love you and miss you all. I'm excited to see why Heavenly Father kept me here out on Levuka! 


Love, Elder Jonati

No comments:

Post a Comment