Sunday, January 1, 2017

Week #73

Bula Vinaka y'all! Man WHAT A WEEK!! It has been absolutely insane.... Elder Carlson was transferred to Savusavu in the northern islands so hope he's doing all goods! My new companion is Elder Willouby and he is the MAN! Wednesday through Saturday we spent many hours driving, picking people up, dropping people off, picking people up again and dropping them off once more hahaha! It was pretty hectic but awesome. I'm happy to finally be back in our area. Last week we were finally able to help a man quit smoking and come back to church! While visiting him with Elder Willouby I also found out that his 9 year old son has not yet been baptized! So we are going to jump right on that and get him baptized. Savenaca is also planning on being baptized in two weeks so I'm way pumped for him! Transfers always just prove to me that my mission is going the way that it is supposed to be because they continually seem to push me out of my comfort zone! I know it is Heavenly Father's way of shaping us to become better and so I'm happy to embrace all the new challenges He gives me! Some good news.... our zone hit our goal for this month! We were able to baptize 34 saints this past transfer and I know Heavenly Father is pleased with each and every one of the elders and sisters in our zone for working so hard! It's not about the numbers, but about the people! It does feel good to work hard together towards a goal as a zone and accomplish that goal.  It's hard for me to remember all the crazy things that happened this past week. We've been just so busy non-stop hahaha! I'm supposed to get my fijian drivers license this week and so that should be exciting. This week I've been realizing how powerful the Spirit really is...as a missionary it is the coolest experience to have the Spirit guide and direct me...it's become so exciting to just be able to jump into the scriptures to read, learn and ponder. This past week I've seen the spirit take over in our lessons and just give us what to say. It is so cool! The day Elder Willouby and I got back into our area we came up with a plan and I wrote down all the people that I felt like we needed to see. At first I was a little hesitant and not super confident about my plan but when we got out and started working some amazing things happened...every home we went to someone was in need of a blessing.  The spirit testified to me that every lesson we went to that day was Exactly where we needed to be! I love being a missionary because I get to learn and experience stuff like this every week. Hopefully my email will be more detailed next week but I want you all to know that I know this church is true and the work out here truly is hastening! Talk to you all next week!

Love, Elder Jonutz

Nauluvatu River. sweet view
A delicious cheeseburger

Naulu vatu village. Also sweeet view


Giant centipede I found in my room. 10th one this transfer!

Fijians cutting up a baby cow

Making our way through the flood

The stars outside our flat at night

Jone! This guy is the Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment