Monday, January 30, 2017

Week #77

Ni sa bula vinaka everyone! Can't believe another week has already gone by! It's crazy how slow the days can be but these weeks just go by so fast. It's been an exciting week! We started off by going on some exchanges with our elders in Navatuyaba and had a blast. I was able to go on an exchange with Elder Miller! We are both from the same intake and my whole mission I haven't served around him so it was fun to catch up with him and see how he was doing. He is definitely the man and a master at fijian! We had a cool experience of going out proselyting and inviting some people to be baptized. For some of these people it was only the second time for elders to visit them. 3 of the 5 people we visited all accepted a baptismal date and that it is pretty amazing. You can just see how fast the work of the Lord is hastening out here and it's so fun to watch! After our exchanges we headed back out to our area to prepare Osea to be baptized. We showed up to the edge of the river in hopes of seeing a boat cross so that we could get to the village when this guy on this bamboo raft paddled over to us. He told us to hop on...so we did! Never thought I would paddle board on a bamboo raft on my mission. That was sick! hahaha! So this week I also took my drivers test.....Ummm...long story short I will be taking it again this Wednesday hahaha. I need to freshen up on Fijian road laws I guess. Our family that's from Vanua Levu has been doing awesome. We took Brother Juta with us to visit them the other day and they are so close to being converted. The mom told us that they aren't members of any church but that when we come over she feels the Spirit. We told her the way she can receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and she was very excited. Right now we are just waiting on the fathers to come back. I forgot to mention that there is two families that live in that house and we are teaching both of them. Every single one of them has accepted the baptismal challenge. The only problem is every time we go over there we meet a new member of the family and all the other ones are gone hahaha! It's not a terrible problem to have at all - I just want to teach all of them at the same time haha! Our members are really excited about these families and are always asking about them. We're praying for them pretty hard!  On Sunday Osea was baptized!!! It's nice to see young kids believe in Christ and why it is important to be baptized. Before he was always a shy kid but after his baptism he went crazy and was just super happy. I love being a witness to baptisms! The work of the Lord is true and so are the words of Isaiah! Our mission is doing a Book of Mormon read and we have to pick our top five heroes. Right now I'm in Isaiah and man is it a puzzle. If you want to know why Nephi put his words in the Book of Mormon just read 2 Nephi 25:3. I must say that he will most likely be one of my top five! I love you all!

Love, Elder Jonutz


Village kids are my favorite! ME and Brother Juta

Exchange with Elder Miller

Little Osea

Little Osea's village

Fijian kids playing this tire game!

I thought the clouds looked pretty evil in this picture

Picked up some (kai) from the members and made some awesome dinner!!!!



The man on the bamboo raft

Me on the bamboo raft


walking down to the river for Oseas Baptism

In the water
This week I made firewood and.........wait for it......
FIRE;)



1 comment: