Sunday, July 9, 2017

Week #100


Bula Vinaka Everybody!  I feel like this past week I have gained so much knowledge.......it's only been a week but I feel as if I've crammed thousands of life-long lessons into my brain that will never be forgotten!  "And now my bretheren, I wish from the inmost part of my heart, yea, with great anxiety even unto pain, that ye would hearken unto my words, and cast off your sins, and not procrastinate the day of your repentance." - Alma 13:27.

Day in and day out, my companion and I have been searching and finding people to help them repent and come closer to Jesus Christ.  We sit with almost 30 people every day and share with them how they can do exactly that! Some of them choose to listen and some of them don't. It's amazing to me how every time I sit down with the people I immediately feel the Savior's love for them. I know we all, before this life, were with our Heavenly Father.  We all knew of His plan for us and we're all brothers and sisters. Having this knowledge makes the random everyday people we meet no longer strangers, but our family! 

I sit with random people every day, all day long.  Almost every single one of them does not speak english and yet I still feel close to them.  I have an overwhelming anxiety to share with them Heavenly Father's plan!  For me, being a missionary is being a good "older" brother.  I love my brothers and all my sisters.  Jesus Christ has provided a way for all of us to get back as a family because He is the best older brother.  Bottom line, the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true! 

Elder Ogden and I witnessed a miracle this week from fasting and prayer. Lo's dad hasn't wanted Lo to be baptized at all.....For the past 2 weeks we'd set up appointments to talk with her dad but he stood us up every time.  Finally, this last Saturday we waited outside for an hour until he came out and sat with us. Sitting there all together was the mom, the dad, Lo, us and this random lady.  We started with a prayer and I explained to her father how much Lo had progressed and she told him that she knew the church was true. After all this was explained to him he said, "She has already been baptized in the Methodist church and the answer is no!" I thought the fight was over and then the random lady began to talk....."Hear me out" she said, "I am also in the Methodist church but in our church we don't even baptize people the way Jesus was......no one visits us week after week like these elders do and your daughter has received a personal answer from God that this church is right. In the Mormon church the girls believe in keeping their chastity and she could have an opportunity to serve a mission. Are you really going to hold her back form all that?" Lo's dad sat in silence...... Elder Ogden and I were just sitting there trying not to have our mouths opened in shock wondering who sent this angel from heaven into our lesson! After some silence we saw the power of God change his heart and he agreed to allow Lo to be baptized! LET'S GO! MIRACLES MADA! 

On top of all that we had zone conference with our new mission president who is the coolest man ever! He surfs...and he goes out teaching with us. I already love the guy! Elder Ogden and I also went out to Beqa again and saw a traditional Beqa dance at a resort. If you can't tell by this email, this mission is the best mission in the world! 

 Love, Elder Jonutz

Back on the island of Beqa

Some Fijian Lady from California came and made us fried chicken on the 4th of July! 

When your companion falls asleep on you during zone conference 
We try hard

District kala vata (matching) goals
When I'm trying to get to Beqa but every one is taking their sweet little time

Getting on the Boat

shipwreck



We had to take the boat through some fun waves! 

This dude defines Fijian



When we finally made it

We helped our family cook some dinner

Met this kid on the street. His shirt said "Mr. Happy"

Resort life

More resort

Baby Mr. Crabs



















1 comment:

  1. Are you a business man or woman? Do you need funds to start up your own business? Do you need loan to settle your debt or pay off your bills or start a nice business? Do you need funds to finance your project? We Offers guaranteed loan services of any amount and to any part of the world for (Individuals, Companies, Realtor and Corporate Bodies) at our superb interest rate of 3%. For application and more information send replies to the following E-mail address: standardonlineinvestment@gmail.com
    Thanks and look forward to your prompt reply.
    Regards,
    Muqse

    ReplyDelete