Sunday, April 30, 2017

Week #90

Bula Vinaka everyone! I'm going to start this email by telling a story:


A few days ago I had an awesome experience with the Holy Ghost in our lesson with Eta. We met Eta last transfer and she was an awesome investigator. Our first visit with her was so nice and every visit after that she began to progress more and more. We gave her a baptismal date and invited her to church and then nothing ever happened..... I was pretty confused because Eta was doing so well! She loved the Book of Mormon and she was ready to take the next step. For some weeks we had been trying to visit her but she kept avoiding us. Just 2 weeks ago we knocked on her door. I could see her in the back, but her husband came out and told us she was gone. At this point I began to lose the hope I had for Eta. This past week we decided to make one more attempt. We walked up to Eta's house. Again, her husband answered the door and we could see Eta sitting on the back porch cleaning. He told Eta to say "bula' to us but she refused and even began to yell. She said she was busy cleaning and did not want to sit with us. Her husband continued to ask her why. As we stood outside the door it was quite awkward because Eta obviously did not want us there. But we did not move. There was a quiet voice that told us to stay put and not leave, so we obeyed. Not knowing what was going to happen, we stood there until Eta stood up angrily from her cleaning bowl and said, "COME IN ELDAS!"  Without saying a word we entered the home and Eta went into her room. Five minutes later she walked out holding her Bible and Book of Mormon. She sat down in front of us with tears in her eyes.  Her husband left the room and we sat in silence. I had no idea what to do! My companion and I just began to speak and ask her questions. Without fail she began to open her heart to us on all the things she was struggling with. She explained how every time she opens up the Book of Mormon or tries to do something good, her husband would stop her. She told us she wants to join the church but her husband wants her to be Catholic. We sat in silence and then as we opened our mouths I witnessed the Holy Ghost  bringing peace into Eta's heart. We asked her where she was in the Book of Mormon. She told us she was just finishing Moroni. Joy filled my heart because I knew she knew it was true. We talked some more and she with confidence told us she wanted to attend stake conference. At the end of the lesson I felt so good that the spirit helped us help one of God's daughters find more peace and help.

Missionary work is the best. Experiences like these is what reminds me of why I am here. I left home and everything because I have the gospel and others don't. If you don't have this gospel you're missing something... Nothing else can bring as much peace or joy as the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm still learning it as I go. Sometimes we can forget what it feels like and that's why some of us fall away at times. He'll never stop trying to help us though. I've read the Book of Mormon many times on my mission and I can say for a fact that I know that it is true. Whatever rumors, stories, or lies you've ever heard about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter- Day Saints is the tool of Satan to drag people from where Jesus Christ truly can be found. I've read the book and I've seen others read the book and accept this gospel and they cannot deny it. This church has to be the church of Jesus Christ. 
This week is transfers week and I'm anxious to know where He's going to send me!


Love, Elder Jonutz


A member family made this tapa for me. SO COOL!
Sitting in the carrier with members and investigators

Everyday in Naitasiri

The hike in Colo i Suva





On top of one of the falls

I made a steak and dang was it GOOD

When the rain comes! it comes...

Service

Exchanges with Elder Howard


No comments:

Post a Comment