Sunday, June 25, 2017

Week #98

 Bula Vinaka Y'all! This week was busy and so many awesome things went down! Sunday night the assistants called us and asked us for some help on a presentation for the new mission president and his wife! They asked us to go around the Suva North Stake and interview qase(old) members of the stake and obtain facts and stories about  "The Suva North Stake".  While out on this assignment I think I legit found my passion and what I want to do for a profession. Vinaka AP's! This assignment was an adventure. Getting to go and interview people and hear their stories...and take some pictures just got me excited. We'll see what happens after the mission but I think I would enjoy being a journalist. 

On top of that assignment we had our last official meeting with President and Sister Layton. I've grown pretty close to them and the things they have taught me will stay with me for the rest of my life. In our last meeting they had me bear my departing testimony and I was not expecting that! Time is flying by faster than I would like it to!

This week Elder Ogden and I went out and just gave it everything we had. I'm going to give these last few weeks my best. At the beginning of the week we had a lot of extra responsibilities and assignments that took us out of our area so when we finally had time in our area we were ready to go hard. Thursday we got in the van and prayed for Heavenly Father to help us find people who were prepared. We started driving and at the end of the day everyone we had found accepted a baptismal challenge.... He definitely led us to those who were ready! The next day everyone said no... haha  People have their agency to receive this message but it sometimes kills me when they say no!  

While working this week we got a prompting to go and visit a member who we both didn't really know that well. We showed up to her house and some kids led us to a room. As we got into the room we noticed she was laying on a bed. We went and sat beside her. She told us she had just gone through a very serious operation. Earlier that week her appendix had burst inside of her and the doctors told her she would not make it.  She said thankfully she made it but she has been laying in bed waiting for some members to come and visit her. We were able to give her a blessing and sit and talk with her for awhile. It feels good to be His disciples and on His errand. 


Much Love, Elder Jonutz

Can you spot me and Elder Ogden?
the Brown boys

A selfie when our van got stuck

our van stuck


contemplating how to get our van "unstuck"


Feet got muddy in the process

Brown family to the rescue


1 comment:

  1. I love that he got the van stuck - same thing happened to me about the same time in my mission! Love this kid!

    ReplyDelete